Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tuesday color challenge




I came home last night at about 9:30pm and decided to check out what was going on on SCS. Tuesdays are the days they have a color challenge. They give you a color combination and tell you to make a card with those colors and then post it. I wasn't going to participate because I got in late, but I decided I would check out what all of the talented stampers who frequent the site had come up with. The color combo of the day was black, sage green, and red. When I heard he combo, I thought to myself, "yuk!", but sure enough when I checked out the cards they looked so fun I had to make one.

So, at 10pm I started on my treck to make my first color challenge card. I got a new toy this week that I am totally enamored with. With my birthday money I bought myself a really nice set of prismacolored pencils and then ordered some gamsol from Inky Antics. The gamsol is applied to these things called blending stumps. Then you used the blending stump kind of like the blender pens from Stampin' up.l It turns out really nice, I think. Makes me feel a bit like an artist. I used my stamps that I got from My Favorite Things and my dotted back ground stamp from Stampin' up. I colored the dots on the background stamp with my stampin' up markers, a must-have item for every stamper!

Well, here it is. My masterpiece. My shopper girls!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

You know I love the "coloring" of stamped images...you will have to demonstrate for me some Thursday night....when you are done with school of course!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I love, love, love this card!!! These colors look soooooo good together!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh man! I love this card!!!