Sunday, April 8, 2007

Master of Arts in Stamping Management and Design


Well, Happy Easter! We are at home this morning doing nothing that remotely resembles an Easter celebration. I think we were too tired to think about cooking a meal. I had my favorite breakfast which is a grande mocha and a slice of pumpkin loaf from Starbucks. Matt was sweet enough to go and get it for me this am. I had planned on setting the day aside to study.


Well, unless I am study for my Master of Arts in Stamping Management and Design I am not doing what I set out to do. I could rationalize by saying since it is Sunday, and Easter Sundy no less, that it really isn't a day meant for work, but since I used a similar rationalization yesterday, I am afraid I can't get by with it again today.l


This is a card that started out as being part of of the featured stamper challenge, but as I got going it looked less and less like the sample of HB's that I started out to emulate. Oh well, I guess I will have to try another one of her samples. This is the card that I was trying to case:

As I got into it is just wasn't cooperating to be like her's so I just decided I would post this one and try another card for the challenge. I really love this challenge. It has my name written all over it. Since I was strictly a caser for several years, it is right up my alley.
Did you see Debbie Olsen's blog posts this week using this set? She took the Big Blooms set to a whole new level. You can see some of the techniques she used reflected in the way I layered these flowers. Check out her post here.


Supplies:

SU paper: very vanilla
SU Ink colors: cool caribbean, chocolate chip
Images: SU big blooms, Papertray Ink green thumb (sentiment)
Accessories: SU oval punch (anyone else feel like we need a bigger oval punch?)
ribbon from American Crafts (hobby lobby)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh....I like this one too! You are rocking those Big Blooms.