Sunday, March 25, 2007

Using up scraps





I decided since I was already at it I would try an experiment to use up the scraps I had left from the elephant card. I ran across a blog the other day that is really cool. This particular designer puts layouts of her cards on her blogs of the cards she does. I am posting an example of what she posts and then the card that I came up with using her pre-made layout. I thought these would help give me something to start with and then I would just have to pick out the colors, paper, and images and sentiment. The site this layout came from is http://stampinupinspirations.blogspot.com/. Check it out it is really cool. She has many different templates posted there.



Supplies:

Paper: Chatterbox Summer dots
Stampin' up Summer sun
cranberry crisp
whisper white

Ink: Stampin' up cranberry crisp
night of navy
old olive

Brad: SU earth elements

Punch: SU key tag and horizontal slot

stamps: SU Bodacious bouquet (love this set!)

So, you will all be glad to hear that I think I am done with this Chatterbox piece of paper. I really really really liked it as you could probably tell!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Super card...love the simple but vivid design!

Anonymous said...

Sooo jealous! I have so much scrap paper I don't know what to do with it. It just keeps piling up and piling up. I try, but I can never come up with good ideas to use it up. Oh well.

Belinda C said...

Appreciiate you blogging this