Sunday, March 4, 2007

My Reward!


After I spent the weekend studying I decided I would reward myself by sitting down and making a card to post. I have been really trying to expand my skills as a stamper by trying to force myself to learn to design my own cards. So, I decided as a first step I would take some cards of my favorite stampers and change the colors to start getting familar with putting different colors together.
Once I get better at that I will take another step and try to do the whole thing myself. This is a card that Debbie Olson posted a few weeks ago. If I knew how to post the link to her card I would do it, but I havn't figured out how to do that. Sorry, Debbie!
I used the new designer papers from the Spring mini. I really like them alot. I used whisper white paper to mount the card on and then I used chocolate chip , old olive, bliss blue ink, bliss blue and old olive brads and the polka dots and paisleys stamp set all from Stampin' Up. I am really happy with how the colors look together. The sentiment is from the must have new stamp set from Papertrey Inc. The link is on my blog. I really like this set alot. It has all the words separated so you can mix and match words to make endless combinations! When I originally wrote this post I accidentally forgot to give credit to Papertrey Inc. for these images, so I apolgize if anyone noticed this!
This card is for one of the girls from book club. Her husband's mother has recently passed away so I thought I would make a card. I hope maybe it will help brighten their day.
I haven't figured out how to photograph my cards to do them justice yet. This one looks pretty dark so you can't see how the colors look together, but I am sure you get the idea. I enjoy my stamping so much and I am so thankful for all the ladies out there who share their ideas to make it easier for design challenged people such as myelf!!!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...great combination of stamps, papers and colors!

Anonymous said...

Hey! If you still have that printer you had last summer, you can actually scan your cards! The colors will come out perfectly and the picture will be crystal clear. and you can scan as many cards as will fit on the scanner! Hopefully IF i come over, i can show you then!!!