Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tuesday color challenge




Happy Tuesday everyone! What a gorgeous day it is here today! It is about 70 degrees and sunny! I am definitely out of my funk! I worked today until one and then came home to work on the color challenge of the day. I also met with our decorators and we are very very very very close to ordering everything. Then we will have to wait for three months for it to come. I will post before and after pictures. We have been working on this since January! It will be nice to get it done and I am sure this will not be the last you will hear about it since I am not a good waiter!

I am off work on Wednesday as I am every week and will be spending a part of my day interviewing a friend of mine for a paper I need to do for school. I will be very glad when this class is over because it is out of my area of interest. Although I complain about school alot I do enjoy learning and taking on a new career. Sometimes the load gets heavy with multiple projects due at the same time, but no heavier than my load would be if I had kids. I know that job is very hard as well. I have the weekend off so that will give me a good chance to get some work done and hopefully doing some stamping!
This card actually turned out okay even though I didn't know what to think about the color combination. I feel that way every week and then when I am done I usually like it! It is good to get me out of my color box, that is for sure! The way I did my sentiment was an idea from Nichole Heady's Blog.

Supplies:
Paper
: ruby red, elegant eggplant, whisper white
Ink: elegant eggplant, certainly celery, ruby red
Stamps: blossoms abound, best blossoms, Papertrey Ink Green Thumb
Accessories: earth elements brads, eggplant grosgrain ribbon, key tag punch, ruby red and celery markers, ticket corner punch

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The lilacs are perfect for this color challenge! Fantastic job!

Judy Rozema said...

A gorgeous card!! I love what you did with this! I am tagging you, even though you tagged yourself, because I love your blog and your cards and told everyone about it on my blog!!

Libby Hickson said...

This card is too cute, great job with this difficult (in my opinion!) colors! And thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog - glad you did, because your cards are awesome, I'm so glad I found you! You went straight into my Reader! And I'll be checking on your book club selections too! :-)