Friday, June 22, 2007

Fall & Winter Preview Swap #2




Well, after literally toiling in my stamp room for like four or five hours, this is what I finally ended up with for this Pick a Petal set. I am not a fan of this set I have decided. It was a bit hard to work with. I do, however, really enjoy the new color palette. I will be whipping about 11 more of these cards into shape before Sunday night which is when I have my demo meeting. We will swap at that time.

Well (ever noticed that I start everthing with well?) this summer we are undergoing alot of changes in our home. The painting started this week in my craft room so it is totally torn up right now with stuff EVERYWHERE! I am sure all of the mad stampers out here can understand what it would be like if your whole stash had to stashed somewhere else in your house. What a mess! But, well worth it I hope. After the painting I will talk my husband into hanging some new shelves I got for in front of my desk. That will help with getting more of my supplies in arms reach. I have never seen a hobby that is more supply intensive.

Last day of school tomorrow! Can I hear a big WOO-HOO for that? I will be consuming a fair
amount of adult beverages tomorrow night, that is fo-shoo! But, don't worry, it will not get out of hand. I am too old for that. I am also looking forward to reconnecting with all of my dear friends and family that I have lost touch with over this last year that my nose has been buried in books.

Supplies:Stamps: pick a petal, bodacious bouquet
Paper: soft sky, rose red, palette o prints, wasabi
Ink: rose red, wasabi, basic black
Accessories: pale pastel brads, ticket corner punch


4 comments:

Karen said...

This is an awesome card! You did a great job!

Rosella said...

I absolutely LOVE your card! Glad to hear your mojo is back. Your new look is great too!

Deborah said...

So nice to find your blog and talent! Love the books for summer reading too! Deborah

Libby Hickson said...

I *love* how you turned this into a tulip, what a clever idea!! Super cute card, wish I was in your swap. :-)