Monday, September 10, 2007

Who's Got Mojo Challenge

I love to participate in challenges and Julie at Poetic Artistry has started a new one every Monday called "Who's Got Mojo Monday". I think it is a totally cute idea! I love Tuesday and Wednesday and Sunday challenges on Splitcoast, but now I have one on Mondays too. So, this week she gave us a sketch but she added a catch. You had to use scrap paper or discarded images too pretty to throw away! Funny thing is that I thought I was the only one who had a drawer of those! So, this card is made entirely of discarded stuff! I love it! Makes me feel thrifty! (Stop laughing, it does!).

So, nothing much else to report today. I just had a normal Monday at work and then came home and did some studying. I did order some stamps from MissyB Designs. I got the idea from MJ Albright's blog, Beauty Lies Within It is a set that was made for Lauren Meader's daughter, Alexa with some proceeds going to Pediatric Cancer Research. Lauren is a very accomplished stamper in the blogging world and her daughter, Alexa, has had quite a time cancer and you can read Lauren and Alexa's story here. Here are what the stamps look like! Aren't they cute? I decided I needed more kid stamps lately so I thought these would be perfect!


So, with that I will get on with the recipe for my card. Since this stuff has been at the bottom of a drawer for a while I don't have names of all the stuff, but I will do my best! Thanks Julie for motivating me to get into some scraps! It was fun!

Supplies:

Paper: Chatterbox, old olive, whisper white

Ink: bashful blue, pumpkin pie, old olive markers, basic black ink

Stamps: Loads of love

Accessories: earth elements brads, word window punch, giga scalloped circle punch, and mega circle punch

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome job Melissa!

Tina said...

Awesome card. Love it!

Tina

Anonymous said...

I love how your card came out! Great job.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so cute! I love the scallop border on the bottom. Great colors and DP too! Thanks for playing! :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice card... love what you did with the sketch... great colors and images... TFS!

Bethany Paull said...

You're going to laugh. I saw this card on Julee's Mojo Monday slide show this morning. And I HAD to know who made it. I started going through all the links from her comments for last week's challenge until I found you. I LOVE this card.

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous card, Melissa! Every element is just perfect. Who's got mojo? I'd say you do! :-)