Saturday, October 20, 2007

One more card

Well, today I made a card that I liked and I decided that I wanted to blog it! Go figure! This card was inspired by one of the great stampers of our time, Laurly from Splitcoast Stampers. Here is here gorgeous card. I saw this card and since I had the background paper already I knew I wanted to make some version of this card. I didn't have that stamp that she used or really anything like it so I decided to use the new set I got for my Christmas cards, Big on Christmas. It is really cute!!!
I had school last night and got home at about midnight. We stayed up until one catching up on missed episodes of the Office! Love that show! My stamp room was quite the mess so I didn't know if I would have to courage to go in this morning. But, after doing my morning blog surfing, I got inspired. I also broke into my new Simply Scrappin' kit, Winter Bright! I ADORE the colors in this kit! I know it will get alot of use. I was supposed to get to work on my card sets I give for Christmas gifts, but I didn't. Bad bad me!! :)

Supplies for this card:
Stamps: Big on Christmas
Ink: basic black, bordering blue, real red, only orange, mellow moss
Paper: Basic Grey Blitzen collection, real read, paper from Winter Bright SS kit
Accessories: red gingham ribbon, paper piercing kit, white gel pen, rhinestone brads fire



14 comments:

Melissa said...

This is lovely Melissa! And I'm thinking all of the sudden that I need some of that red gingham ribbon!

Many Blessings,
M.

Pattyjo said...

Beautiful Christmas card!

Hey...thats what the blog is all about. Its YOUR blog and you can come or go as you choose. Even for just one post every day or once a year!

Have a fun day!

Bonnie said...

Very pretty Card!! I love the ribbon and Christmas is coming!!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute. I am glad you posted it.
I love The Office too. Hilarious

Anonymous said...

I love your card and I think it's wonderful that you blogged it just because you felt like it. Enjoy!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card Melissa, LOVE the design and that paper, gorgeous. Jennifer :)

Kim Burmeister said...

You have been tagged. Go to my blog to check out the rules www.clearlyinspired.blogspot.com.

Love your blog!

Christina Fischer said...

Fantastic card, Melissa! Love the colors and the gingham ribbon! I'm glad you posted it! :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is so so so sweet. I love the colours! :0) mel

Sew Club said...

Thanks for your sweet comment today! And this card is just really great! I love the colors and layout!

Tanja said...

Very beautiful! Welcome back. :)

rt said...

Beautiful x-mas card!

Michele Kovack said...

This is such an adorable card! I really love this set....should have purchased it!

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I may as well check things out.
I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to
looking into your web page repeatedly.

My site; kreatywna reklama